We Love Tennis... And It Shows!
At The Aspen Hill Club we are so proud to be the premier tennis club in Montgomery County, MD!
Our meticulously maintained facility features 21 courts for all levels of play - from indoor to outdoor, to clay to bubbled clay to hard courts. A member of the United States Tennis Association and the Montgomery County Tennis Association, we invite you to try us absolutely free - you will not be disappointed!
For more information please contact Elliott Datlow, Tennis Director
or Alex Aleshin-Guendel, Co-Tennis Director
Due to COVID-19, Current AHC Tennis Offerings are Limited.
The outdoor tennis courts will remain open until we have three consecutive days of frost. Once that happens, we will turn off our sprinkler system and drain the water line to omit any possibility of busted pipes over the winter.
Our indoor tennis season is here. The indoor court rate will apply each time you book a court. Reservations can be made on the Kourts App or by calling the Front Desk at 301-598-5200 ext. 0.
- Masks will be mandatory in the bubble and on the indoor tennis courts. Masks must also be worn anywhere in the facility and on the surrounding grounds
- Bring your own water and towel
- Trash cans will be supplied on each court
- If you are not feeling well, please do not come to the Club
- If you have been exposed to Covid-19 – you must quarantine for 14 days or more
- If you have tested positive for Covid-19 and you are asymptomatic – do not come to the Club until you are told by your physician that you are Covid-19 free and you have taken all the necessary precautions
Indoor Tennis Court Operating Hours:
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am – 5:30pm
- Sunday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Indoor Tennis Court Information for Members
- All members must check-in at the Front Desk before going on court to ensure your reservation.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times, when at the Club including inside the facility and playing on the indoor tennis courts.
- We ask that you refrain from touching the following items on all courts:
- The divider curtains will remain closed at all times – no need to move it.
- Any and all Club equipment behind the curtains such as the tennis balls, ball hoppers, ball carts, ball machine, etc.
- Please bring your own tennis balls or purchase a can at the reception desk.
- When you are done with your reservation, please be sure to collect all of your belongings, including trash (trash cans are located in the hallway outside of the court doors) and exit the facility as indicated by the signs posted.
- The door curtains will remain tied so you do not have to touch them upon entry, and you can gain easy access to the courts.
- The ball machine is NOT currently unavailable for use.
- If you are transitioning from an outdoor clay court to an indoor hard court, we ask that you either change shoes, or ensure that you have removed all the clay from your shoes by simply using the foot brushes and/or knocking the clay off your shoes with your tennis racquet.
- Based on the time that you are playing, you will incur the appropriate rate for your spot time reservation.
Tennis Lessons & Clinics
Learn from the best! The Aspen Hill Club's professional teachers will help you improve your skills.
Unlimited - Currently on Hiatus
Our Year Round Unlimited program combines our former Early Bird and Unlimited programs, and is one of our most cost effective choices.
Pre-pay for an entire season ensuring a series of courts that can be reserved 6:00 am - 6:00pm every day of the week. In the summer courts can be reserved from 6:00 - 9:00am and 4:00 - 6:00pm.
Reservations must still be made to hold a court by contacting the Front Desk at ext. 100 or by reserving on our Kourts app.
Spot time courts are for reserved play only. Reservations can be made no more than seven days in advance and only by Presidential members.
Ball Machine - Currently on Hiatus
The Ball Machine is available for Presidential members to use on indoor courts 4 and 5. We offer a Gold Membership which allows you unlimited use for a year. Our Gold Family Membership allows families unlimited use of the ball machine for one year. We also offer per hour rentals.
Men’s and Women’s Interclub and Greater Washington Tennis Association (GWTA) matches are played in the spring and fall each year. Aspen Hill Club hosts a variety of women’s teams from Interclub and GWTA and two Senior Men’s Interclub teams.
Beginner Tennis Drills for Adults
Whether you are a beginner or brushing up on your tennis skills, our six-week group lessons will give you the instruction you need. Choose 1-hour sessions weekday or weekend. You must be registered to attend.
Current Classes offered:
Monday, 6:00 - 7:00pm
Tuesday, 6:00 - 7:00pm
Thursday, 6:00 - 7:00pm
Friday, 3:00 - 4:00pm
Saturday, 9:00 - 10:00am
Match Play Programs
We offer competitive singles and doubles match play programs throughout our indoor season. Courts, schedules, balls and score cards are provided.
Improve your your shot and strategy through practice drills by our tennis professionals. Drills are available for levels 2.5 to 4.5+ .
Weekly Sign-up Programs - Most Currently on Hiatus
We offer Hit and Runs, Live Ball, Theory of Tennis, Live Ball and Saturday Drills, please visit the current semester page or the Adult Tennis Sign-Up Binder at the Front Desk. To sign-up for a weekly sign-up program, see or call the front desk at 301-598-5200 ext. 100.
RSCT - Currently on Hiatus
Reserved Season Court Time (RSCT) lets players organize groups and reserve court time over a 27 to 31-week season (mid-September through April) on a specific day and time, with the assistance of the Tennis Department. Available to players of all levels and includes men's and women's Singles, Doubles, and Mixed Doubles.
For information on any of the above programs, complete our form below:
Members must cancel lessons before 24 hours of your scheduled lesson.
If a lesson is cancelled within the 24-hour time frame, you will be charged the spot time rate of the court.
In the event of a “No Show”, you will be responsible for payment of the lesson in full.
In the event the Tennis Pro is a “No Show”, you will be provided with a lesson by that Tennis Pro at no charge to you.