This fun and energetic sport is difficult to say no to! With five racquetball courts in Aspen Hill, in Montgomery County, Maryland and monthly programs and events to choose from, you can learn the fundamentals or play more advanced competition.
Racquetball Pro and Program Coordinator, Will Ferguson, is a 15+ year veteran of the sport. His philosophy is to learn the fundamentals, advance at your own pace, and enjoy yourself along the way. Will is certificated in Ampro II Advanced Teaching, USRA, is E-force sponsored and often holds free clinic and demonstrations for members.
Aspen Hill Club Racquetball Lessons Cost:
$30 per Lesson, $80 for 3 Lessons, $150 for 6 Lessons
All levels and abilities
Upcoming Racquetball Events
Spring Splat Shoot Out
Sunday, April 28th, 2019, Time: 8:30am - 4:00pm
Doubles and A-B-C Skill Groups along with a Mid-Day Beginner Tutorial. Includes Pot Luck and Surprises!
Cost: $8/members, $14 Guests—Must be registered by April 17th
Racquetball Clinic/Demo Clinic
Tuesday, May 21st, 2019, Time: 7:00—7:45pm
Learn the history of the game and how to play. Find a partner or simply try out the new E-Force racquets. No equipment necessary to participate.
Contact Head Pro/Racquetball Organizer Will Ferguson at 240-731-8935 or Fergusonwill1@gmail.com
Men's and Women's Singles Racquetball Ladder
Ongoing! Cost: $5 entry fee
Winner will receive a one hour racquetball lesson with Will Ferguson.
Singles Racquetball Ladder Rules:
- You may only issue one challenge at a time.
- You can only be challenged by one player/team at any given time. This prevents outstanding challenges from accumulating against you.
- You may challenge up to 5 spots.
- If the challenge is successful, you will take the spot of the person you challenge and your opponent will be bumped down 1 spot.
- If challenged, you will have 3 days to "Accept" or "Deny" the challenge or the challenge will be considered a "forfeit" and the challenger will be granted the win.
- The Challenged player must give a weekday and weekend time to play the match.
- By accepting a challenge, you agree to play the challenge within 7 days after the date of acceptance.
- If you cannot play within 7 days, simply "Deny" the challenge and the challenger will be rewarded the win and can move on.
- If a challenge is accepted and not played within 7 days, it will expire and the challenge will be deleted from the system. Since rankings are constantly changing a challenger may not be able to reissue the same challenge.
For more information and to register, contact Terrance Scott
Free Pickleball to ALL Aspen Hill Club Members!
Did you know Pickleball is the fastest growing racket sport? Pickleball is a fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton and ping-pong. Played both indoors and outdoors on a badminton sized court and a slightly modified tennis net, a paddle and plastic ball with holes. Pickleball is great for all levels and abilities, you can play singles or doubles.
During the indoor season, Pickleball meets:
- Thursday: 2:00-4:00 pm
- Saturday: 4:30-6:30 pm
Summer Pickleball Time Changes Begin 6/22/19:
- Thursday: 2:00-4:00 pm—one court only if inclement weather
- Saturday: 2:30-4:30 pm
New players are always welcome and loaner paddles are available!