I love to share the good things in my life and one of them for the past 31 years has been our fitness club – The Aspen Hill Club – located in north Silver Spring, MD.
It is our daily go-to place providing so many fitness options. It opens early – 5:30am – so those who want to get in and get out to go to work can do so.
Among its “amenities” are:
• Tennis 21 courts (6 indoor hard and 13 outdoor clay and 2 outdoor hard)
• Racquetball (4 courts)
• Basketball court (indoor)
• Olympic-sized indoor swimming pool
• Jogging track (1/10 mile)
• Free-weights, treadmills, ellipticals, ski, and other cardio machines, resistance machines for upper body/lower body and core, kettle bells, straps and bands, fitness balls and much more.
• Dedicated specialty training room (the “torture chamber” formerly a racquetball court)
• “Spinning” room (formerly a racquetball court)
• Dance studio-like classroom
• Massage therapist on-site
• Instructive classes galore: spinning, water aerobics, Zumba, Pilates, stretching, HIIT, Feldenkrais, yoga, boxing, tennis (drills and private lessons, leagues, ladders and contract time), swimming lessons, personal training
• Summer camp for kids
• Field trips to US Open (tennis)
• Morning coffee service and newspapers
• On-line reservations for courts
• Towel service
• Locker room services of jacuzzi/hot tub and sauna
• Child care
• A beautiful, modern facility inside and out
While more expensive than some limited-offering gyms, it is so worth the price! There is a camaraderie among members not found elsewhere. Many lifelong friendships have been made, savvy advice from the wise and successful and even some client acquisitions for our portrait art business!
It’s like a country club without the golf, the expense and the attitudes!
If you live in the DC area, check them out. You can get a free guest pass, have a yearly membership or be a month-to-month member!