Collecting healthy, non-perishable and NOT EXPIRED foods in the Main Lobby from November 1st to 15th, 2019!
Questions? Contact Alex at ext. 119 or email@example.com.
FAQ/ Important Information:
- Foods canned/pickled/preserved at home.
- Foods in sharply dented, swollen, bulging, leaking or rusted cans.
- Bulk foods that have been repackaged.
- Foods in containers without labels.
- Foods in opened or torn containers exposing the food to potential contamination.
- Foods with an “off” odor or foods that show any other signs of spoilage (browning, discolored, slimy layer).
- “Distressed” foods = foods that have been exposed to fire, flooding, excessive heat, smoke, radiation, other environmental contamination.
- Foods that have been recalled for potential health risks.
- Baking Mixes – 8 months
- Dry Beans and Nuts – 1 year
- Cereal and Crackers – 1 to 2 years
- Uncooked Rice/Pasta – 1 to 2 years
- Canned High-Acid Foods (peaches, tomatoes, juice, etc.) – 12 to 18 months
- Canned Low-Acid Foods (meat and vegetables) – 2 to 3 years
- Food in Glass/Plastic Jars – 2 to 3 years