Elliott Datlow, Tennis Director
or complete the form below:
- Monday, 8:30—10:00pm - 3.0—3.5
- Monday, 8:30—10:00pm - 3.5—4.0
- Tuesday, 8:30—10:00pm - 4.0 +
- Thursday, 8:00—9:30pm - 3.0—3.5
- Thursday, 8:00—9:30pm - 3.5—4.0
- Saturday*, 12:00—1:30pm - 3.5—4.0
Men's & Ladies Doubles
- Men’s & Ladies Doubles - Monday, 6:00—8:00pm - 3.0—3.5
- Men’s Doubles - Saturday, 10:00am—12:00pm - 3.5—4.0
- Men’s Doubles - Saturday, 12:00—2:00pm - 3.5—4.0
- Mixed Doubles - Sunday, 10:00am—12:00pm - 3.5—4.0
- Sunday Doubles* - Sunday, 6:00—8:00pm 3.5—4.5 - Contact ext. 121* indicates clay court program
Monday Advanced Drills - Monday, 7:00 - 8:30pm - Level: 4.0+
This program is 8-weeks and runs continuously throughout the year.
Advanced Drills is a high intensity program which works on all aspects of your game including both singles and doubles. The program is designed for highly competitive players who are looking to improve their overall stroke production, consistency, tactics and strategy. We provide unique drills that are fun, competitive and skill building. This program is an invitation only program. Players who participate are typically 4.0+ players. This is an invitation only program.
Tuesday AM Drills - Tuesday, 10:00-11:30am - Level: 2.5-3.0
This is a 15-week program
This is a 3.0+/- instructional drill group that focuses on:
- how to concentrate to play at a high level
- increase the quality of your swings
- make better contact more frequently
- reduce chances for injury
- guaranteed improvement
Attendance on a regular basis is advised to get the most out of the program.
Tuesday High Performance Training – Tuesday, 7:00 - 8:30 pm - Level: 3.5+
This high intensity fast paced program is for adult players who practice and compete on a high level in either singles or doubles leagues and tournaments. This program is designed for you to improve upon the strong skillsets you already have. The focus will be on consistency with groundstrokes, adding power to your shots, adding more topspin, approach shot drills, improving upon volleys, serves and returns. Majority of this class will be conducted with live ball drills where you are always competing against one another. This program is an invitation-only for very strong 3.5 plus men and women.
Wednesday PM Drills - Wednesday, 7:00 - 8:30 pm - Level: 3.0 +/-
This is a 15-week program - this is a clay court program
An instructional drills program which coaches you on the mental and physical skill to:
- Increase your reaction time
- Move most efficiently to be in the best position
- Prepare and execute your best complete stroke
- Recover to your best court position
- Incorporating the mind and body to work as one will ensure the highest rate of development
Doubles Playbook - Thursday, 10:30am - 12:00pm - Level: 3.5-4.0
This is a 15-week program
More information coming soon
Next Level Clinic - Saturday, 11:00am-12:30pm - Level: 2.5-3.5
This is a 15-week program
This class is for players who have been stuck at a certain level for a while and are interested in taking their game to the next level. We will be working on stroke production, consistency, volleys, overheads, serves and returns. This will be a fast-paced clinic with lots of drilling and live ball play to take your game to the next level. Come ready to sweat and get better!
- REGISTER BY MONDAY, JANUARY 6th, 2020 AND RECEIVE A 10% EARLY ENROLLMENT DISCOUNT (restrictions apply)
- Most programs begin Monday, January 13, 2020 and end on Sunday, April 19, 2020.
- Prices listed are for Presidential Members only.
- A $25 withdrawal fee will be charged for any non-medical reasons.
- A 24-hour cancellation period is required for weekly sign-up programs.
- Match Play program prices are based on 2/3 participation, and also include balls (please return balls to the Front Desk). Match Play programs run over the 15-week semester.
- Schedules, rules and regulations are provided by the Tennis Office and will indicate byes.
- Instructional Drills will run for two, 15-week sessions over the 30-week fall and winter semesters.
Pro-rated options are available. Instructional drill pricing is based on attending 12 weeks of class. An additional three classes are offered at no charge. There will be NO refunds or credits for missed classes. Courts are leveled for all drill programs.
- In order to participate in these programs, a player must have at least the NTRP level listed and/or the
approval by the tennis staff.
- Ball Machine Gold & Family Memberships = unlimited use for one year for an individual (Gold) or Family on the same AHC Membership.
- A one time Beginner Drills program is available for Congressional Members and LPM’s. Contact Tennis Office at ext. 119 for more information.
Aspen Hill Club’s Adult Winter Tennis Ladder
This 20-week ladder begins Monday, January 13th and ends Sunday, May 31st.
There is a one-time $5 entry fee to join each ladder.
- Men’s Singles
- Ladies Singles
- Top of the Ladder winner in men’s and ladies singles will receive a $100 Gift Card to the Aspen Hill Pro Shop.
At least five matches need to be played to qualify for the prize.
- To sign up you must email Elliott Datlow at email@example.com.
- Submit the email you want to use for the ladder and the best phone number you can be reached at as well as which ladder(s) you would like to participate in.
- All participants will receive an email asking to reset your password. You will then log in and set the password you would like to use for the online system.
- All matches will be a super 10 game pro set.
- Winning game scores are: 10-8, 11-9 or 11/10.
- At 10 all, a tiebreaker to 10 will be played.
- You may challenge up to 3 spots ahead of you.
- You can only be challenged by one player/team at any given time. This prevents outstanding challenges from accumulating against you. You cannot challenge the same player two times in a row.
- Whoever is at the top of the ladder at the close of the ladder will be the winner.
- Both players bring a new can of balls to the match. Use one can for the match and the winner takes the unopened can for their next match.
- If challenged, you will have 3 days to "Accept" or "Deny" the challenge or the challenge will be considered a "forfeit" and the challenger will be granted the win.
- The Challenged player must give a weekday and weekend time to play the match.
- By accepting a challenge, you agree to play the challenge within 10 days after the date of acceptance.
- If you cannot play within 10 days, simply "Deny" the challenge and the challenger will be rewarded the win and can move on.
- If a challenge is accepted and not played within 10 days, it will expire and the challenge will be deleted from the system and will have to be re-issued. Since rankings are constantly changing a challenger may not be able to reissue the same challenge.
Your ladder administrator is Tennis Director, Elliott Datlow. You can contact Terrance at 301.598.5200, ext. 120 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.