By: John Kecman, Fitness and Personal Training Director
Struggling to work out at home without your favorite machines, or gym equipment? The quarantine may not be ideal for most gym goers, but it hardly means you have to give up on your fitness or health related goals.
Everyone should incorporate body weight resistance exercises into there training regardless of what equipment you have at your disposal.
Do all A exercises before B exercises (Set one of A1 should be followed by set one of A2, and set one of A3 until all A exercises are completed). Try doing these simple AMRAP (As Many Reps as Possible) at home:
- A1—Air Squat – two times, 15-25 reps then, one set of AMRAP
- A2—Planks – brace as hard possible three sets of 30 seconds to one minute
- A3—Doorway Towel Row, two sets of 10 to 20 reps, one AMRAP set
- B1—Push Up (traditional, or using a counter top, or from your knees) two sets of 10-20 reps and one AMRAP set
- B2—Side Plank (from you knees or feet) keep your glutes and core tight throughout—three sets of 30 to 60 seconds