Early Bird & Ball Machine
Early Bird - Monday-Friday 6:00-9:00am, Saturday-Sunday 6:00-8:00am - Level: All
Ball Machine Gold or Family - Monday-Sunday All Day - Level: All - unlimited use for one year
- One Time Ball Machine Users pay $32 + $2.24 tax per hour;
- Early Bird & Unlimited Players pay $16 + $1.12 tax per Ball Machine session during their program times
Summer 2018 Tennis Match Play Programs
Men’s Singles – 8:00 – 9:30pm – Indoor Hard Courts
Cost: $180 + tax per nine week session
- Monday – Levels: 3.0-3.5 - one space available
Second Session: July 9th – September 10th
- Tuesday – Levels: 4.0+ - one space available
Second Session: June 26th – August 21st
- Thursday – Levels: 3.5-4.0 - two spaces available
Second Session: July 5th – August 30th
*Note: There are NO matches on Labor Day, Monday, September 3rd.
Ladies Singles – 7:00 – 8:30pm - Indoor Hard Courts
Cost: $180 + tax per nine week session
We are able to create new Ladies Singles programs at different times, days and skill levels based on interest.
10% Early Enrollment Discount when you register by Monday, September 10th, 2018.
For more information contact Terrance Scott, Tennis Director
or Alex Aleshin-Guendel, Tennis Administrative Director
or complete the form below:
Adult Tennis Beginner Drills
The Aspen Hill Club offers a progression of reasonably priced, six-week group lessons for those being introduced or making a comeback to tennis. Sessions are one hour and weekday or weekend sessions are available.
- Tuesday - 12:00 - 1:00pm with Jeff Klein - in need of at least two more players to begin
- Wednesday - 6:00 - 7:00pm with Jeff Klein - currently full - new session beginning mid-August
- Saturday - 9:00 - 10:00am with Jeff Klein - open
Please note: if you have missed the beginning date of a program we can work with you to make-up the date at a later time, or pro-rate the session for you. Joining any of the Adult Beginner Drills mid-session is not a problem, you will not be behind!
You can join a six-week Beginner Drill group at any time. We need at least three people to host each session.
SPACES AVAILABLE IN ALL PROGRAMS
Tuesday AM Drills - Tuesday 10:00-11:30am - Level: 2.5-3.0
$314 + tax per 10-weeks, $282 + tax per 9-weeks $35 + tax Drop-in's
Second Session: July 17th – September 11th (9 weeks)
This is a 3.0+/- instructional drill group that focuses on:
- how to concentrate to play at a high level
- increase the quality of your swings
- make better contact more frequently
- reduce chances for injury
- guaranteed improvement
Attendance on a regular basis is advised to get the most out of the program.
Wednesday PM Drills - Wednesday 7:00-8:30pm - Level: 3.0-3.5+
- $349 + tax per 10-weeks,
- $314 + tax per 9-weeks,
- $40 + tax Drop-in’s
Second Session: July 18th – September 12th (9 weeks)
An instructional drills program which coaches you on the mental and physical skill to:
- Increase your reaction time
- Move most efficiently to be in the best position
- Prepare and execute your best complete stroke
- Recover to your best court position
- Incorporating the mind and body to work as one will insure the highest rate of development
Next Level Clinic - Saturday 12:00-1:30pm - Level: 2.5-3.5 - on hiatus until fall
This class is for players who have been stuck at a certain level for a while and is interested in taking their game to the next level. In this class we will be working on stroke production, consistency, Volleys, overheads serves and returns. This will be a fast paced clinic with lots of drilling and live ball play to take your game to the next level. Come ready to sweat and get better!
Sunday Singles Clinic - Sunday 11:00am-12:30pm - Level: 3.0-4.0 - on hiatus until fall
Want to become a better singles player? Well this is the class for you. We will focus on singles strategy, consistency, serves, returns and a variety of tactics to use during a singles match. This clinic is all live ball play. We will train you with repetition on how to be successful with different skill sets and numerous ways to compete.
Fall 2018 Adult Tennis Ladder
This 15-week ladder begins Monday, September 17 and ends Sunday, January 13.
There is a one-time $5 entry fee to join the ladder.
- Men’s Singles
- Women’s Singles
- Top of the Ladder winner in men’s and women’s singles will receive a $100 Gift Card to the Aspen Hill Pro Shop. At least five matches need to be played to qualify for the prize.
- To sign up you must email Terrance Scott at email@example.com
- Submit the email you want to use for the ladder and the best phone number you can be reached at as well as which ladder(s) you would like to participate in.
All participants will receive an email asking to reset your password. You will then log in and set the password you would like to use for the online system.
NEW POINT SYSTEM: Each match participant will receive 50 points. The match winner will receive an additional 100 points.
- All matches will be a super 10 game pro set.
- At 10 all, a tiebreaker to 10 will be played. Winning scores are 10-8, 11-9 or 11-10.
- You can only be challenged by one player/team at any given time. This prevents outstanding challenges from accumulating against you. You cannot challenge the same player two times in a row.
- Whoever is at the top of the ladder with the most points will be the winner.
- Both players bring a new can of balls to the match. Use one can for the match and the winner takes the unopened can for their next match.
- If challenged, you will have 3 days to "Accept" or "Deny" the challenge or the challenge will be considered a "forfeit" and the challenger will be granted the win.
- The Challenged player must give a weekday and weekend time to play the match.
- By accepting a challenge, you agree to play the challenge within 7 days after the date of acceptance.
- If you cannot play within 7 days, simply "Deny" the challenge and the challenger will be rewarded the win and can move on.
- If a challenge is accepted and not played within 7 days, it will expire and the challenge will be deleted from the system and will have to be re-issued. Since rankings are constantly changing a challenger may not be able to reissue the same challenge.
Your ladder administrator is Tennis Director, Terrance Scott. You can contact Terrance at 301.598.5200, ext. 121 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Fall 2018 Adult Tennis - Important Information
- Most programs begin Monday, September 17, 2018 and end on Tuesday, January 8, 2019
- Prices listed are for Presidential Members only.
- A $25 withdrawal fee will be charged for any non-medical reasons.
- A 24-hour cancellation period is required for weekly sign-up programs.
- Schedules, rules and regulations are provided by the Tennis Office and will indicate byes.
- Match Play program prices are based on 2/3 participation, and also include balls (please return balls to the Front Desk). Match Play programs run over the 15 week semester.
- Instructional Drills will run for two, 15-week sessions over the 30-week fall and winter semesters. There will be NO refunds or credits for missed classes. Courts are leveled for all drill programs. Pro-rated
options are available. Instructional drill pricing is based on attending 12 weeks of class. An additional three classes are offered at no charge.
- In order to participate in these programs, a player must have at least the NTRP level listed and/or the approval by the tennis staff.
- Ball Machine Gold & Family Memberships = unlimited use for one year for an individual (Gold) or Family on the same AHC Membership.
- A one time Beginner Drills program is available for Congressional Members and LPM’s. Contact Tennis Office at ext. 119 for more information.
Friday Happy Hour & Doubles Frenzy
Happy Hour is a great opportunity for our members to play tennis, socialize and relax at the end of a busy week. Friday evenings, during our indoor season, AHC players can reserve courts and invite guests for doubles play at a reduced rate.
This program is held from 7:00 to 8:30 pm, and 8:30 to 10:00 pm. A two-court limit is place on reservations. Contact the front desk to reserve your court.
*Happy Hour is on hiatus during the outdoor season.
Doubles Frenzy NEW PROGRAM! - on hiatus until fall
Come for the tennis and stay for the fun! Two hours of doubles "mix n' match" partners and opponents. After the tennis, stay and hang out with light food and drink! Registration includes one beer or wine ticket.
Each week's winner receives a free pass for the next Frenzy!
Time: Tennis from 7:00 - 9:00pm
Cost: $25 + tax per tennis member, $30 + tax per fitness member or guest
Register: At the Front Desk or contact Elliott at email@example.com
Pros vs. Joes
Try to beat Tennis Director Terrance Scott and Senior Pro Michael Gee in a doubles tennis match. If by any chance you beat the pros, then you will be credited for the $30 registration fee, and you will receive an Aspen Hill Club Dri-Fit shirt. Pictures and Results will go in our monthly newsletter.
Cost: $30 per player, Guests are welcome to participate
Challenge us if you dare!
Challenges will be taken on a first come first serve basis. Please email Terrance Scott (firstname.lastname@example.org) to submit a challenge.
Hot Shot of the Month
Every month there will be a new tennis shot highlighted.*
There will be an emphasis on volleys, forehand ground strokes, backhand ground strokes, overheads, swinging volleys, drop shots, lobs and more.
*Hot Shot is on hiatus over the summer
Hot Shot of the Month Schedule
September - Forehand Topspin
October - Backhand Topspin
November - Volleys, Low Volleys, Half Volleys
December - Overheads and Lobs
January - Approach Shots
February - Forehand and Backhand slice including tactics
March - Specialty Shots (Swinging Volley, Drop Shots, Drop Volley, Lob Volley)
April - Serves and Return of Serve
May - Overview of all shots