UTR at the Aspen Hill Club
We are very excited to be a UTR partner Club! UTR is fabulous because it will determine a rating for all players. As you already know, Aspen Hill Club is continuously looking for new and innovative ways to improve our tennis programming and create unique play opportunities for our players. As such, AHC will be incorporating UTR (Universal Tennis Rating) into our programming and creating new and exciting tournaments, events, and match play opportunities for all of our players.
The beauty of the UTR rating is that it is the same scale for everyone. A UTR rating is on a scale of 1 through 16.5. This differs from a USTA NTRP rating score which goes up to 7.0 with different scales for male and female players. Using a UTR rating, Roger Federer has a rating of 15.68, Serena Williams is a 12.88, and one of the Club’s top male members is a 7.99. Everyone is on the same scale! This number is entirely different from a USTA NTRP rating. The UTR number allows us understand levels in a better way and a way to compare a male rated 3.5 USTA to a female player who is rated 4.0. This will help us all have more competitive matches and events. Having the most competitive matches possible is our goal with our UTR programming.
UTR ratings are determined by two things, your opponent’s RATING and the SCORE against them. If I had a close match against someone rated much higher than me, my rating will go UP. If I only won a few games against someone below me, my rating would drop a little bit. UTR’s algorithm has other factors such as length of the match and how long ago the match was. With these bits of info, UTR gives us a rating!
We ask that you set up a FREE UTR profile by visiting the UTR website at www.myutr.com/join. Once you create your FREE profile, please search for Aspen Hill Club and request to be a part of our UTR Club! The entire process will only take a few minutes.
Currently our Men’s Singles Match Play, Winter Adult Tennis Ladder matches and Kings and Queens of the Court program results are being entered into UTR and our members are seeing their UTR numbers climb! You can also enter your own scores from spot time into UTR as long as both you and your opponent(s) have a FREE UTR account! We look forward to offering more UTR playing opportunities in the coming months!
Winter 2023 Adult Tennis Programs
Monday, 7:00—8:30 pm, Levels: 3.0—3.5
Wednesday, 7:00—8:30 pm, Levels: 4.0 +
Thursday, 7:00—8:30 pm, Levels: 3.5—4.0
Saturday, 12:00 - 1:30 pm, Levels: 3.5—4.0
Saturday, 1:30 - 3:00 pm, Levels: 3.0—3.5
A minimum of 4 players is needed to host a singles match play program.
Sunday, 2:00—4:00 pm, Levels: 3.0—3.5
A minimum of 6 players is needed to host a doubles match play program.
Saturday, 2:00—3:30 pm, Levels: 3.5+
A minimum of 4 players is needed to host a singles match play program.
All match play programs will be recorded in UTR. If you do not have a UTR profile, we ask that you create one here: https://app.myutr.com/join - it is free to do so. Please add Aspen Hill Club as your home Club by clicking on this link once you have made your own UTR profile: https://app.myutr.com/clubs/11350
Monday Advanced Drills with Julien—7:00—8:30 pm—Level: 4.5+
This is an invitation-only program. Advanced Drill is a high-intensity program that works on all aspects of your game including both singles and doubles. The program is designed for highly competitive players who are looking to improve their overall stroke production, consistency, tactics, and strategy. We provide unique drills that are fun, competitive, and skill-building. Players who participate are typically 4.5+ players.
Monday Level Up! with Norma - 7:00 - 8:30 pm - Level 2.5-3.0
This class will focus on point-based drills concentrating on consistent groundstrokes and transitioning to netplay. The class will include doubles and singles strategies.
Tuesday High-Performance Drills with Hyojoon - 7:00 - 8:30 pm - Levels: 3.5+
This high-intensity fast-paced program is for adult players who practice and compete on a high level in either singles or doubles leagues and tournaments. This program is designed for you to improve upon the strong skillsets you already have. The focus will be on consistency with groundstrokes, adding power to your shots, adding more topspin, approaching shot drills, and improving upon volleys, serves, and returns. The majority of this class will be conducted with live ball drills where you are always competing against one another.
Wednesday Live Ball with Hyojoon - 11:00 am - 12:30 pm - Level 3.5-4.0
Join Coach Hyojoon for 1.5 hours of Live Ball play! Split into three. 30-minute segments of strategy scenario point play, play King & Queen of the court style, rotating partners and opponents throughout the drill.
Wednesday PM Drills with Julien - 7:00 - 8:30 pm - Levels: 3.0-3.5
Each week we will work on a new skill, and learn to use this drill during point play! This class will be fun and offer the players an opportunity to not only learn something new but implement the skill in a competitive situation.
Aspen Hill Club’s Winter Tennis Ladder
The ladder Ends Sunday, April 30, 2023.
There is a one-time $10 entry fee to join each ladder.
- Men’s Singles
- Top of the Ladder winner in men’s and ladies’ singles will receive a FREE one-hour private lesson. At least five matches need to be played to qualify for the prize. Minimum requirement of 15 players registered for the ladder for the prize to be valid.
- Anyone who plays 3 matches by the end of February will be awarded a free pass to an evening drill class!
- To sign up you must email Elliott Datlow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit the email you want to use for the ladder and the best phone number you can be reached at as well as which ladder(s) you would like to participate in.
- All participants will receive an email asking to reset your password. You will then log in and set the password you would like to use for the online system.
- Match results will be entered into UTR. If you do not have a FREE UTR account, you can make one here: myutr.com/join. Once you create your FREE UTR account, search for the Aspen Hill Club and request to be a member of our virtual club.
- You may issue 2 challenge(s) at a time
- You can only be challenged by one player/team at any given time. This prevents outstanding challenges from accumulating against you
- You may challenge up to 3 spots.
- If the challenge is successful, you will take the spot of the person you challenge and your opponent will be bumped down 1 spot.
- If you hold a wild card, you may challenge anyone above you.
- An additional wildcard will be granted after 4 matches have been played.
- By accepting a challenge, you agree to play the challenge within 8 days after the date of acceptance.
- If you cannot play within 8 days, simply "Deny" the challenge.
- If a challenge is accepted and not played within 8 days, it will expire and the challenge will be deleted from the system and will have to be re-issued. Of course, since rankings continually change, a re-challenge may not be possible.
Your ladder admin is Elliott Datlow and can be emailed at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Winter 2023 Adult Tennis Program Information
Most programs will begin on January 3rd and will continue through March 31st.
- Register by emailing Richard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The prices listed are for Presidential Members only.
- A $25 withdrawal fee will be charged for non-medical reasons.
- A minimum of three participants per class is mandatory to begin a program.
- A 24-hour cancellation period is required for all programs listed on this registration. If you do not give at
least 24 hours' notice you will be charged the cost of the class.
- Schedules, rules, and regulations are provided by the Tennis Office and will indicate byes.
- There will be NO refunds or credits for missed classes. Courts are leveled for all drill programs.
- A one-time Beginner Drills program is available for Congressional Members and LPM’s. Contact TennisOffice at ext. 121 for more information including pricing.
- In order to participate in these programs, a player must have at least the NTRP level listed and/or the approval of the tennis staff.
A one-time Beginner Drills program is available for LPM’s. Contact Tennis Office at ext. 119 for more information.
Every month there will be a new tennis shot highlighted. There will be an emphasis on volleys, forehand groundstrokes, backhand groundstrokes, overheads, swinging volleys, drop shots, lobs, and more. Join us, spaces are limited!
HOT SHOT IS ON HIATUS IN DECEMBER
Cost: $25.50 per class - To register, email Richard at email@example.com.
Friday Doubles Frenzy - 6:30 - 9:00 pm
Come for the tennis and stay for the fun! Two hours of doubles "mix n' match" partners and opponents. After the tennis, stay and hang out with light food and drink!
Registration includes 1 beer or wine ticket.
Schedule of Events:
6:30—8:30 pm: 3 Courts of Doubles Frenzy Tennis
8:30—9:00 pm: Drinks, Snacks, Socialize!
Cost: $35 + tax
Upcoming Doubles Frenzy Socials:
December 9th, Levels: 2.5-3.0
December 16th, Levels: 3.5+
January 6th, Levels: 2.5-3.0
January 20th, Levels: 3.5+
For more information contact Elliott Datlow, General Manager & Tennis Director
or Alex Aleshin-Guendel, Assistant General Manager
or Richard Allard, Assistant Tennis Director
or complete the form below: