Discounted Dues - In Advance, We Thank you!
- Remember to wear your mask when you exit your car and when entering the Club. Keep the mask on when you are engaging in conversation – that part is extremely important.
- Keep your social distance when on the court and when having conversations with others.
- Bring your own towel, water bottle, chair if necessary. We are trying to limit the items that people touch in order to keep you safe.
- You will notice large canisters of wipes at every bank of courts. We have hand sanitizer in the Club as well.
- Our restrooms are being cleaned frequently and hourly. It is important that you wash your hands, do not touch your face and be smart about your processes.
- All courts must be reserved via the Kourts app. If the App is not working correctly on your phone, it is suggested that you delete the app and reinstall the app. This should resolve the issue. At this time we will not be answering the phones.
- June 1, 2020, you will be able to reserve courts for 1.5 hours for doubles and we will expand our operating hours to begin at 8:00am until 6pm. (Court usage in the afternoons has not been as busy as the mornings. Because the Club is not fully open and because we are staffing the front desk from opening until 6pm, during this time we will reserve the right to close the Club early if we do not have courts booked for afternoon play.)
- June 1, 2020, we will begin providing private lessons only, or semi-private lessons with two family members who have quarantined together.
- No clinics at this time
- Each Pro will be trained on how to provide the lesson in a safe manner
- Each Pro will be in-charge of the tennis balls - You will not touch the tennis balls
- There will be no serving during the lessons
- Both of you will wear a mask when conversing
- All lesson charges will be placed on your Aspen Hill Club account
Are you ready for some outdoor tennis? We are! And thanks to the following team for making it happen:
Led by Zaf Khan… Mike Havenner, Elvin Rivera, Duane House, Anthony Palomino, Kamal Khan, James Morrison, David Finlay, John Woodend and Eric Suchinsky. They’ve been working for the past two weeks, weather permitting, on getting courts open and here we are ready to make it happen.
I want to reiterate some very important points for tomorrow’s opening:
- You must wear a mask while at the Club except for when playing on the court.
- Bring your water, towel, and chair to sit in if you feel you will need to take a break and remember to take your trash with you.
- Reservations open at 6pm this evening, May 12.
- Members are limited to 1 hour of play per day.
- Members are limited to 2 “active” reservations per week – Ex: (Monday 9am and Tuesday 9am, after you have used the first reservation you can then book the second one).
- At this time, only Presidential members can book and play on the courts and No Guests permitted at this time.
- One point of entry located on the deck – door will be propped open.
- One person can check for the all players on the court.
- One point of exit – signs will direct you.
- Upstairs restrooms will be available – one person at a time.
- We have social distancing placards showing where to stand and reminding you to keep your social distance.
- In the event of rain and based on the remainder of the Club being closed, we may not staff the Club for outdoor tennis if 50% or more of the day is rain regardless of morning or afternoon. This is uncommon ground for us, so we ask for your patience during rain events as we determine how to proceed.
- We are operating on limited staff, if you have accounting questions you can reach out to Tina Mance-Lee at email@example.com, or Lori Carter at Lcarter@aspenhillclub.comand either one can assist you with your accounting question.
See you tomorrow!
Danielle Bouchard, GM
- We will have an “open” point of entry on the deck. The entry door will be propped “open”, so you do not have to touch the door handle.
- We will have a separate point for exit with a push door – no hands necessary.
- We will have social distancing markers showing where to stand.
- Your AHC team will be wearing masks and soon will be behind plexi-glass (that has not taken place yet but will soon.)
- The Kourts system will be up and running by 6pm Tuesday, May 12, 2020. If you have tried to log on, you will not be able to reserve courts until Tuesday, May 11 at 6pm.
- One person can check in the entire group – we will be walking the courts to make sure all players registered to play are the players playing.
- I am depending on you to assign the “ball person” that is the player in your group that will handle the balls. This is up to you and how you want to handle that process.
- If you are not comfortable playing because someone in your household is at high risk, please read the CDC recommendations. I am not at liberty to recommend what you should or should not do.
- I do not have a timeline on when our current policies will change. This will depend on our government leaders, my industry leaders, and what is best in each phase.
- We are limiting the things you touch at the point of entry and on court for safety reasons.
While the stay at home order is still in place, Governor Hogan approved outdoor tennis as of May 6, 2020. We know you are excited about playing tennis outdoors so we will have 6 outdoor courts open by Wednesday, May 13, 2020. We ask for your patience as we maneuver how our processes will work and we will manage those processes with each passing day. Below you will find the guidelines and policies during this time.
Please be reminded that if you are not feeling well, regardless of your symptoms, do not come to the Club. If we recognize that you are not well, and other members raise concern, you may be asked to leave.
The following spaces or services will be closed to members:
- Locker rooms, Indoor Tennis Courts, All Studios, Fitness Center, Pool, Racquetball Courts, Basketball Court and Child Minding, Lobby, Lounges, Café, Massage, Ball Machine
- No Towel Service and No Water Stations Will Be Provided (water will be sold at the reception desk)
- All accounting and member services will be provided via the phone or email (no cash purchases at this time)
- Markers will be placed at the reception desk indicting where to stand for check-in and where to exit
- People should stay at least six feet apart to maintain social distancing
- Players should stay on their side of court and avoid changing ends
- All entrances to courts will be locked at the end of each day
Items you should bring:
- Members must wear masks or facial coverings except when playing tennis and remain at a social distance throughout your game
- Bring your own hand sanitizer
- Bring your own water or purchase a bottle at the reception desk
- A new can of balls must be used and players should determine among the group how they can best handle the tennis balls while playing (new balls can be purchased at the reception desk)
- A portable chair (benches will not be provided)
- Bag for trash (you must remove and take your personal trash with you)
Outdoor Tennis – Courts available from 9:00am to 6:00pm only:
- The Club deck entrance will be the only entrance open at this time
- We will not be answering the phone during this time
- There will be no congregating on court or on Club property
- No more than 4 players on court, no guests, or observers on court or on Club property
- Kids 18 and under can only play with their parents
- Online reservations only through Kourts beginning on Tuesday, May 12 at 6pm - If you need assistance accessing the Kourts app, please contact Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org or Elliott at email@example.com
- Check in at the reception desk no more than 10 minutes prior to your reserved time
- At this time and because courts are limited, reservations for singles and doubles will be 1 hour If you are unable to play, please remember to cancel your reservation so another group can have that court time
- You will be asked to leave after your time is completed so appropriate measures can be taken to clean any necessary items and areas
- In the event of rain the club’s voice mail will be changed to reflect if we will be closed for play
- Wash your hands prior to and after playing
- Lobby restrooms will be available one person at a time
- No coaching or lessons at this time
Any member in violation of our outdoor tennis guidelines will be asked to leave the Club and may result in suspension of membership.
Governor Hogan had a press conference today stating some very important and good news. While stating that outdoor activities such as golf, tennis, fishing, camping, etc., can take place, he also stated it in a manner that does not have us open the Club for tennis as of yet. Please read an excerpt from WTOP regarding Hogan's press conference below:
During the briefing, Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan also shared updates that the state appeared to be on track to begin “Phase One” of his reopening plan, possibly as soon as next week.Though the stay-at-home order has not been revoked, Hogan did say that Maryland will begin opening access to certain outdoor activities, such as golf, tennis, camping, fishing, boating, state park facilities, beaches and other activities where access is controlled by the state government, starting Thursday morning.
I wanted to take a moment to thank those of you who have contributed to our Labor Fund. The support of our members means the world to the team. They are forever grateful as am I.
We know these are difficult times for you as well. We miss the day-to-day as much as you, if not more. For us, service and fitness is ingrained in who we are. Not being able to see you and provide all of those services is quite painful. For the most part, the team consists of extroverted people and when extroverts can’t be with other people, well…it’s much more difficult!
For those of you who follow us on Instagram and Facebook, you are likely seeing posts from team members that you usually would not see. In order to continue our connection with you, I have asked the directors to pitch in and write things that would provide you a little insight on who they are outside of the Club, along with things they are doing during this time of quarantine while helping to provide a glimmer of hope! And to add more glimmers of hope please continue to enjoy the virtual classes and tutorials that we are offering. Check us out on Facebook, Instagram, Blog, and Website.
Lastly, I wish I could answer the question that I have been asked more recently… “when do you think the Club will reopen?” Like you, I don’t know but I sure hope to see you sooner than later!
Please continue to keep safe and healthy. We can’t wait to get back to it!
- Danielle, GM
Many of you have inquired if pool construction has continued during this mandated closure. Prior to the mandated closure from Governor Hogan, we had uncovered that our existing pool roof would need to be replaced. That discovery was not anticipated from either a construction or financial perspective. Prior to closing, we did have engineers and architect’s review and inspect the roof. We have since run into another issue regarding the roof and method of replacement. Once plans can be devised, those will be sent for permitting. Based on recent conversations, I sense these two processes will take several weeks.
I do understand that many of you have been hopeful that we would be returning to a completed project. I have been hoping for the same; although, I believe that may not be a likely scenario. I will keep you informed as I am provided more information over the upcoming weeks.
As always, I thank you for your patience and understanding at this time. More importantly, I hope that you are keeping safe and as healthy as possible.
The team and I hope to see you soon!
Danielle Bouchard, GM
Aspen Hill Club
I hope this message finds you well, although I know it is difficult to be isolated and away from your AHC family, it is best for us all. The team and I hope that we can see you soon and get back to our day-to-day routine!
We are in the process of generating statements for products and services that were purchased March 2 through March 16, 2020. As you know, your invoice is usually sent to you via the mail; however, at this time, we are processing invoices remotely which means we are not in the office at the Aspen Hill Club. That makes the normal process of sending invoices via the regular postal mail difficult. Also note: You are not being billed for your monthly dues at this time.
Our alternative at this time is to send your invoice to you via email. We understand that some of you have not provided your email address to us as of yet. In order to provide you with an accurate accounting of your purchases made March 2 through March 16, 2020, we are requesting that you send your email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Having your email address will ensure that we provide you with information necessary regarding your Aspen Hill Club account. This invoice will be the last one you receive until the Club is open again which we hope takes place soon.
Until we see you again, please be safe and stay healthy.
Danielle Bouchard, GM
Aspen Hill Club
We realize that this is a challenging time for all which makes this announcement more difficult to make. Governor Hogan has mandated that all gyms close by 5:00pm today. With that said, the Club will be closing at 5:00pm until we are told we can re-open.
We support the Governor’s decision as it is important that we protect our team and the members. We ask that you continue to do your part in staying healthy and minimizing exposure.
Many of you will have questions about refunds for classes, court time and other prepaid items. Once we are clear on our date to reopen, we will then be better prepared to assess the answer to those questions. In reference to that, we do ask for your continued patience.
We will continue to keep you updated via social media and other methods of communication. We ask that you not send emails or leave phone messages as those will not be responded to during this time as our team will not be at the Club during this time of closure.
Thank you for your continued support during this very difficult time.
Best of health,
Danielle Bouchard & Your AHC Team
At Aspen Hill Club, We Offer You More!
More Tennis. More Fitness. More Aquatics.
Located in Silver Spring, MD, The Aspen Hill Club boasts a 120,000 square foot tennis and health club and offers the best in fitness for any level workout.
We have the latest equipment for cardio and weight lifting and over 35 different group fitness classes per week including BodyPump™, studio cycling/spinning, aerobics, Zumba®, yoga and pilates, year-round tennis on clay and hard court surfaces, full basketball court, 4 racquetball courts and a 25 meter, heated, therapeutic indoor swimming pool complete with private swim lessons and a full range of aquatic classes.
Some of the things you’ll enjoy at The Aspen Hill Club include:
Complimentary child minding with your membership
Children’s fitness programs - kids yoga, kids access movement, kids fitness certification, and our junior tennis program.
Yoga, tennis, and swimming classes
Pool, whirlpool, and sauna
Friendly staff that know your name and are happy to help
Our community environment - we offer several services and events for members to make real connections and form bonds that make exploring health and wellness enjoyable.
TRY US ABSOLUTELY FREE FOR 1 FULL DAY
We are so confident you will LOVE everything we have to offer, we invite you to try us FREE!
A WORLD-CLASS TENNIS EXPERIENCE
The tennis facilities at The Aspen Hill Club include 21 courts for all levels of play from kids to seniors.
Our tennis facility hosts 10 perfectly maintained indoor courts, including 4 bubbled clay courts during the indoor season and 6 hard courts year round. Our 13 outdoor clay courts and two outdoor hard courts are ideal for playing in the warmer months.
SWIM LESSONS & CLINICS
No matter what age, we have a swim program for you!
From private and semi-private, to group lessons, to Masters Swim, to amazing coaches - The Aspen Hill Club has it all!
OVER 100 GROUP FITNESS CLASSES EVERY WEEK!
Whether you want to stretch, cycle, dance, run, lift or jump - we have fun, exciting, motivational classes for every fitness level, like:
Studio Cycling / Spinning, Zumba, Yoga, Pilates, Aquatics, Ballet,
Boot Camp, Body Pump, Senior Silver Workout & much more!