Winter 2018 Match Play Programs
Ladies Singles - Monday 7:00-8:30pm - Level: 2.5-3.0
Ladies Singles - Tuesday 7:00-8:30pm - Level: 3.5-4.0
Men’s Singles - Monday 8:30-10:00pm - Level: 3.0-3.5
Men’s Singles - Monday 8:30-10:00pm - Level: 3.5-4.0
Men’s Singles - Tuesday 8:30-10:00pm - Level: 4.0 +
Men’s Singles - Thursday 8:00-9:30pm - Level: 3.5-4.0
Men’s Singles* - Saturday 2:00-3:30pm - Level: 3.5-4.0
Men’s Doubles - Saturday 10:00am-12:00pm - Level: 3.5-4.0 - FULL/CLOSED
Sunday Doubles* - Sunday 6:00-8:00pm - Level: 3.5-4.5 (Contact ext. 121) - FULL/CLOSED
*indicates bubble program
SPACES AVAILABLE IN ALL PROGRAMS
Early Bird - Monday-Friday 6:00-9:00am, Saturday-Sunday 6:00-8:00am - Level: All
Unlimited - Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm - Level: All
Ball Machine Gold - Monday-Sunday All Day - Level: All - unlimited use for one year
Ball Machine Family - Monday-Sunday All Day - Level: All - unlimited use for one year
Winter Ladder - Monday-Sunday - All Day - Level: All
One Time Ball Machine Users pay $32 + $2.24 tax per hour; Early Bird & Unlimited Players pay $16 + $1.12 tax per Ball Machine session during their program times
Adult Tennis Beginner Drills
The Aspen Hill Club offers a progression of reasonably priced, six-week group lessons for those being introduced or making a comeback to tennis. Sessions are one hour and weekday or weekend sessions are available.
Tuesday - 12:00 - 1:00pm with Jeff Klein
Wednesday - 6:00 - 7:00pm with Jeff Klein
*Saturday - 9:00 - 10:00am with Jeff Klein
Please note: if you have missed the beginning date of a program we can work with you to make-up the date at a later time, or pro-rate the session for you. Joining any of the Adult Beginner Drills mid-session is not a problem, you will not be behind!
You can join a six-week Beginner Drill group at any time. We need at least three people to host each session.
*indicates bubble program
Hot Shot of the Month
Every Month there will be a new tennis shot highlighted. There will be an emphasis on volleys, forehand ground strokes, backhand ground strokes, overheads, swinging volleys, drop shots, lobs and more…
- January - Lobs & Overheads
- February - Forehand & Backhand Slice
- March - Approach Shots
- April - Serve & Return of Serve
- May - Hot Shot Recap
SPACES AVAILABLE IN ALL PROGRAMS
Tuesday AM Drills - Tuesday 10:00-11:30am - Level: 2.5-3.0
This is a 3.0+/- instructional drill group that focuses on:
- how to concentrate to play at a high level
- increase the quality of your swings
- make better contact more frequently
- reduce chances for injury
- guaranteed improvement
Attendance on a regular basis is advised to get the most out of the program.
*Wednesday PM Drills - Wednesday 7:00-8:30pm - Level: 3.0-3.5+
An instructional drills program which coaches you on the mental and physical skill to:
- Increase your reaction time
- Move most efficiently to be in the best position
- Prepare and execute your best complete stroke
- Recover to your best court position-
Incorporating the mind and body to work as one will insure the highest rate of development.
Next Level Clinic - Saturday 12:30-2:00pm - Level: 2.5-3.5
This class is for players who have been stuck at a certain level for a while and is interested in taking their game to the next level. In this class we will be working on stroke production, consistency, Volleys, overheads serves and returns. This will be a fast paced clinic with lots of drilling and live ball play to take your game to the next level. Come ready to sweat and get better!
Sunday Singles Clinic - Sunday 11:00am-12:30pm - Level: 3.0-4.0
Want to become a better singles player? Well this is the class for you. We will focus on singles strategy, consistency, serves, returns and a variety of tactics to use during a singles match. This clinic is all live ball play. We will train you with repetition on how to be successful with different skill sets and numerous ways to compete.
* indicates bubble program
Friday Happy Hour & Doubles Frenzy
Happy Hour is a great opportunity for our members to play tennis, socialize and relax at the end of a busy week. Friday evenings, during our indoor season, AHC players can reserve courts and invite guests for doubles play at a reduced rate. This program is held from 7:00 to 8:30pm, and 8:30 to 10:00pm. A two-court limit is place on reservations. Contact the front desk to reserve your court.
Doubles Frenzy NEW PROGRAM! Come for the tennis and stay for the fun! Two hours of doubles "mix n' match" partners and opponents. After the tennis, stay and hang out with light food and drink! Registration includes one beer or wine ticket.
Each week's winner receives a free pass for the next Frenzy!
Start Date: Friday, January 19
Time: Tennis from 7:00—9:00pm & Hanging out from 9 o'clock on!
Cost: $25 + tax per member
Winter Adult Tennis Ladder
This 15-week ladder begins Monday, January 15 and ends Sunday, April 22. There is a one-time $5 entry fee to join each ladder. Ladders:
- Men’s Singles
- Women’s Singles
- Men’s Doubles
- Women’s Doubles
- Mixed Doubles
Prizes: Top of the Ladder winner in men’s and women’s singles will receive a $100 gift card to the Pro Shop. Doubles winners will receive a free doubles lesson with Tennis Director Terrance Scott
All participants will receive an email asking to reset your password. You will then log in and set the password you would like to use for the online system.
- All matches will be a super 10 game pro set.
- You may only issue one challenge at a time.
- You can only be challenged by one player/team at any given time. This prevents outstanding challenges from accumulating against you.
- You may challenge up to 3 spots.
- If the challenge is successful, you will take the spot of the person you challenge and your opponent will be bumped down 1 spot.
- Both players bring a new can of balls to the match. Use one can for the match and the winner takes the unopened can for their next match.
- If challenged, you will have 3 days to "Accept" or "Deny" the challenge or the challenge will be considered a "forfeit" and the challenger will be granted the win.
- The Challenged player must give a weekday and weekend time to play the match.
- By accepting a challenge, you agree to play the challenge within 7 days after the date of acceptance.
- If you cannot play within 7 days, simply "Deny" the challenge and the challenger will be rewarded the win and can move on.
- If a challenge is accepted and not played within 7 days, it will expire and the challenge will be deleted from the system and will have to be re-issued. Since rankings are constantly changing a challenger may not be able to reissue the same challenge.